Hey East Vic Park Primary Families Great News !
What: We’re having a movie night, just like in the old days. Your P&C are asking for a gold coin donation on entry
To see – “A MONSTER IN PARIS.”
(see below for more details)
Where: In the undercover area of your school (easy to walk there and back home!)
When: Friday 6th April, 6:00pm for a 6:30 start
How: Bring a picnic to eat on the grass.
Eat at 6 and move into the undercover area at 6:30 for the movie.
Who: ALL our EVPPS families are welcome.
Available: Popcorn, water and snacks will be available
for sale from the kiosk. Tea and coffee will also be available for a gold coin donation
So we invite you to see the movie described as “FUN, FRANTIC, AND AMUSING. THE FILM IS GREAT FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT” – Sunday Mirror (UK)
Parents, carers families play an important role in the education of our children. The P&C provides services to the school community (such as operating the canteen and uniform shop) and is an employer of Canteen staff. It also raises funds for school resources, organizes events which contribute to the feeling of community in our school and provides a forum for parents to become more informed about educational issues.
Like most P&Cs in public schools, our P&C is affiliated with the WA Council of State School Organisations, which supports us by providing training and guidance to assist the P&C perform its role. WACSSO works to influence the direction of public education to benefit students and gives parents a voice.
Getting involved helps you get to know other school families and your kids will love to know you’re supporting their education.
Don’t think the P&C is anything to do with you? Try this quick quiz:
Have you or your child ever:
- bought a uniform from the uniform shop or donated a pre-loved uniform?
- bought lunch
- a drink or snack from the canteen?
- helped make and serve lunches in the canteen?
- enjoyed a sausage sizzle at the faction athletics carnival?
- attended a free movie night on the oval?
- bought a raffle ticket hoping to win Easter eggs?
- attended our fair
- community day
- quiz night or a kids trash ‘n treasure here at school?
- been given a gift your child purchased from the Fathers’ Day Stall?
- bought a cake from a cake stall?
- taken advantage of our school banking program?
See, you’re already supporting the P&C without even knowing it, and we can’t do it without you!
If you’d like to get more involved, there are plenty of opportunities. If you’re interested in an office bearer position, please send us your expressions of interest ASAP.
You may also like to:
- assist in the canteen
- assist in the uniform shop
- suggest ideas for fundraising
- offer to help out at an event (you can just offer for a one-off particular event – you don’t have to do it forever!)
- bring your ideas to a meeting
- represent the views of parents
- pay the voluntary P&C contribution of $15 per year which helps us pay affiliation fees to WACSSO and insurance for our uniform shop stock so we can use our fundraising money on resources for the kids
- help out on a stall or at a sausage sizzle
- join a sub-committee to help run the canteen
- raise money for kindy/pre-primary resources
- distribute uniform orders
- or put up posters for an event.
It’s going to be a great year as the P&C joins with the school to help plan for our school’s centenary celebrations in 2014.